17TH KIDNEY KIDS CAMP
16-19 April 2015 in Queensland
It's nearly that time of year again, with 141 Kidney Kids and their siblings from all over Australia (our biggest group yet!) gearing up for our 2015 Kidney Kids Camp.
Our camps offer a great way for kids with chronic kidney disease (CKD) to go on a fun adventure and make some friends for life! Stay tuned for updates.
We LOVE this shot from last year's National Kidney Kids Camp in 2014!
16TH NATIONAL KIDNEY KIDS CAMP
10 to 13 April 2014 - Runaway Bay, Gold Coast Queensland
Kidney Health Australia hosted 115 kids from across the country, for four days of fun at the ‘Around the World in 4 Days’.
- 115 kids attended from ALL states and territories across Australia
- 12 kids on peritoneal dialysis & 2 on haemodialysis
- 15 nursing staff from QLD, SA & VIC
- 80 volunteer carers from Southern Cross University & Q.U.T.
- Y-Lead designed ‘leadership’ activity program
Fun events and adventures included:
- surprise visit by the Gold Coast Suns
- an excursion day to Movie World for everyone
- ‘Carnivale’ Street Carnival: with bouncy castles, petting zoo, fun photo booth, candy floss, Arcade Games, Giant Games, outdoor cinemas
- activity rotation: Bollywood dancers, origami lessons, mad scientist demonstrations, magicians, face painters, cooking lessons
The Mentor Program where former Kidney Kids Campers returned to Camp as young adults, offering support to a younger generation of Kidney Kids, was very successful. See photos on our Facebook page>
Kidney Kids Camps are especially for 'Kidney Kids' (7 to 17) with Chronic Kidney Disease
Kidney Kids Camps are a recreational camp for Kidney Kids with Stage 3 kidney failure or greater - and their siblings and offer:
days of respite for parents/guardians/carers
opportunity for Kidney Kids to interact with other kids living with kidney disease, and to form strong support networks
siblings get a chance to better understand CKD and meet other siblings of kids with CKD
lots of adventures and masses of fun - see videos below for past records of adventures at camp
Find out how to volunteer to help with these activities. Staff supporting our Kidney Kids must present a current Police Clearance Certificate. Enquiries: Camp Co-ordinator: Colin Finch 1800 454 363 or firstname.lastname@example.org
KIDNEY KAR RALLY
Our National Kidney Kids Camps are made possible through major and significant funding raised by participants of our annual Kidney Kar Rally.
We send a BIG THANK YOU - to our Kidney Kar Rally teams, navigators and financial supporters and sponsors of each of the Kidney Kar Rally teams, for your dedication and passion supporting our programs every year is just awesome and very much appreciated.
Funding also provided via our Lottery campaigns - if you have bought a lottery ticket, you've helped fund our Kidney Kids and Young Adults programs.
15TH NATIONAL KIDNEY KIDS CAMP 2013
Kidney Kids Camp 'Hollywood in April at Kindilan Outdoor Education & Conference Centre in Redland Bay Queensland for fun galore for the 80 kids who attended Kidney Kids Camp. Fun adventures included a day at Movie World on the Gold Coast and so much more! Our 'Superman Dan' was in residence, popping up much to the amusement of the kids. Singing songs, comparing stories makes for kids that sleep well at night.
Can you help us? YES you can!
KIDNEY KIDS CAMP 2012
Thank you to all supporters, who help us every day with their donations, ro make our Kidney Kids Camps a success. Gifts from trusts and business who provide either funds, their services, or generous gifts.
Our 'Join the Circus' Camp involved kids from across Australia (all states except NT - though offered via SA treatment provider)
- 66 kids attended
- 43 volunteer carers from local universities (ex Kidney Kids as well)
- 15 health professionals from paediatric renal units
- 47 of Kidney Kids have kidney disease (47 families) with 19 siblings
- 8 children received Peritoneal Dialysis overnight
- 3 children received haemodialysis at Monash Medical Centre near camp)
- 29 children at camp had a functioning transplant
Children were flown in (covered by KHA) to Victoria. They enjoyed camp activities like High Ropes, Flying Fox, Giant Swing & Archery. Some are confidence building activities such as circus performance skills, karaoke and a camp concert with fun excursion day activities - Circus and Laser Skirmish!
Videos - awesome adventures at Kidney Kids Camp 2012
Also check photos from Kidney Kids Camp (Flickr album)
Flash Mob - Kidney Kids Camp 2012!