ARE YOU A YOUNG ADULT AND KIDNEY LEADER?
KHA's Young Adult's Program Focus Group: are you between 18 and 25 years, living with a diagnosis of kidney disease - we need your participation and help!
Find out more - call 1800 454 363 or email@example.com
HOW CAN YOU BECOME INVOLVED?
Share your concerns and thoughts - our Consumer Participation Council wants to know issues affecting you.
Registered members only - YAP Space - Message board and chat
For all people with, or affected by, kidney and urinary disease
Or email KHIS@kidney.org.au
National Relay Service - relayservice.com.au - for those with hearing or speech impairment
Use service to connect TTY/Voice 133 677 | Speak & Listen (SSR) 1300 555 727 iprelay.com.au/call/index.asp
Kidney Community Newsletter - share your story
Do you have a news item for Kidney Community News? Email our editor with outline of your story or suggestions for articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us
YOUTH LINKS - fun resources and CKD sites especially for you - or project work.
Sites for people like me with CKD
Social networking and more
- DaVita Highly recommended USA site - CKD, emotional health, wellbeing - sexuality, anger, depression, holiday blues, caregiver stress, sleep, positive thinking, benefits of pets, etc.
- Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet Lower blood pressure through diet and exercise
- Go for 2 & 5 For healthy eating and life
- Hair, nails and chronic kidney disease DaVita
- Live Life Well NSW Health Resource
- myDr.com.au - Health Toolkit Calculators to assess your health, risk tests and learn via interactive quizzes
- Salt awareness - better health of your kidneys & salt and high blood pressure
- Staying Healthy HealthDirect - loads of info for you to live a healthy and fun life
- Teen Health Information USA - offers loads of links to articles on stuff you want to know about
HELPLINE NUMBERS AND SUPPORT GROUPS
As a young person with kidney failure - join Livewire!
Safe online place for young people 10 to 20 living with a serious illness, chronic health condition or disability, and siblings. Moderated chat to connect and share experience. Cool chat guests! Livewire offers awesome articles, videos, group discussion, blog, online music player and competitions with epic prizes.
Register livewire.org.au * 1300 727 827 * email@example.com
Youth Helpline 1800 551 800 24 hrs every day kidshelp.com.au
Fun friendly site where you can get help and connect What is Kids Helpline * phone, email or chat with counsellor
KidneyHealthAus KidneyEd TV Collection of YouTube playlists on kidney health
View reviewed high quality education YouTube videos grouped in playlists - learn more about your kidneys and kidney failure and many related topics - lots of cool animations.
Important Health Information - for all ages
NPS Medicines Line 1300 MEDICINE - 1300 633 424 M-F 9am–5pm
Independent pharmacist advice on prescriptions, over-the-counter or complementary medicine
QUIT NOW 137 848 Quitline * QUIT Coach secure help online
- My QuitBuddy free app to help quit: iPhone, iPad, Android
If you smoke - best thing to do for your health is quit now! How smoking damages your body
Smokenders Australia 1800 021 000
Think about organ donation & transplantation
Updated 26 June 2015